[llvm-dev] Building llvm so it can be installed by other users

Jonathan Roelofs via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 20 13:37:11 PDT 2015

On 10/20/15 2:26 PM, David Lobron via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'm working on packaging the current version of llvm for use by other
> people at my company.  As part of this, I'd like to make a tarball of
> my build,

Build directories aren't easily redistributable, nor are they really
meant to be. Install directories on the other hand can be, provided you
build with the right options, and package together all the dependencies.

Is there a particular reason why you want to distribute your build dir
instead of your install dir?

Jon