[llvm-dev] RFC: Improving license & patent issues in the LLVM community

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 14:12:45 PDT 2015

Glancing through the project list <http://llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/> I see at least one project that might be adversely affected by that incompatibility: OpenJDK Zero. I believe OpenJDK is licensed by Oracle as "GPLv2-only with classpath exception", and that the Zero folks have patched OpenJDK to link in LLVM to provide a JIT on platforms that OpenJDK doesn't natively support with its own code generator.