[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Buildbot Noise

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 11:11:49 PDT 2015

On 19 October 2015 at 18:53, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you're drawing parallels to the CoC thread, I don't think that's really
> relevant/appropriate. Safe in terms of personal/emotional/physical safety is
> rather different than the issues being discussed here.

This has been a *significant* source of stress for the last few months
for me, and I wasted a *considerable* amount of time during context
switches between this and my other tasks due to that stress.

It may not have been for you, or any other neurotypical person, but it
did hit me hard. Not the content, nor the ideas or plans, but the way
in which it was presented and persistently reiterated out of the blue,
as if I had a deadline to meet or all my bots, stable or not would
just be killed.

That is very likely an exaggeration of my part, but it's how I felt,
and it's an example of the "offence vs offended", where the offended
may look silly in the eyes of the offender. I'm better now, in part
because of how we kept the discussion professional, in part for
(hopefully) evolving personally. Time will tell if it's permanent.

For me, at least, the parallel was very appropriate.

cheers,
--renato