[llvm-dev] RFC: Second draft of an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Pasi Parviainen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Oct 17 20:24:16 PDT 2015

On 14.10.2015 23:36, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev wrote:
> * **Be welcoming.** We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports
>    people of all backgrounds and identities. This includes, but is not
> limited
>    to members of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, colour,
>    immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex,
> sexual
>    orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status,
>    political belief, religion or lack thereof, and mental and physical
> ability.

> * **Be careful in the words that you choose.** We are a community of
>    professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Be kind to
> others. Do

What kind of professionals? Professional boxers perhaps? Who do have a
habit to get under the skin of the opponent with a insults before the match.

Rarely people in their teens, or early twenties would be considered as
professional on any area of expertise. So by claiming that community
consist of professionals, aren't you already discriminating against
individuals who do not have any professional (what ever it may be)
interest on the project?