[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 15 11:36:07 PDT 2015

On 15 October 2015 at 19:22, Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The question there is whether the advisory committee will be willing to
> tolerate that sort of behavior, which I at least would view as an abuse
> of the intent of the policy.

I wouldn't like to let this in the hands of people. Committees change,
people change and institutionalized abuse is not always realised until
it's too late.

If the wording allows the committee to perpetrate abuses, the wording
must be changed in the same way it tries to avoid abuses from members
of the community.

I think we're all in the same page as to the ideal. So, lets just make
the wording reflect that. It's pretty simple, really.

cheers,
--renato