[llvm-dev] Extending SLP Vectorizer to deal with aggregates?

Robison, Arch via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 13:12:10 PDT 2015

Will the cost model used by SLPVectorizer shoot down unaligned loads/stores on targets that don't support them (or support them slowly)?

I started working out details to my design, and for a first round I think it's safest to address only cases where the leaf of the chain is an array load that can be rewritten as an unaligned vector load.  I.e., similar to the CanReuseExtract idea in SLPVectorizer, but further constrained to be resulting from an array load.

- Arch