[llvm-dev] RFC: Introducing an LLVM Community Code of Conduct

Robinson, Paul via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 08:12:58 PDT 2015

> Am 13.10.2015 um 14:02 schrieb Renato Golin:
> > On 13 October 2015 at 12:37, Joachim Durchholz via llvm-dev
> >> Just curious: Do people ever do it the other way around?
> >
> > What do you mean?
>
> Report first, then try to resolve directly.
> My experience is that people try to resolve things directly and ask for
> help only when they find it doesn't work, but YMMV.

Yes, people sometimes report first. And some might *not* try to resolve
directly, for various reasons. (Unable to deal with the event calmly;
feeling generally uncomfortable with confrontation; etc.) I sympathize
as I feel uncomfortable with it myself. Going through an intermediary
does run the risk of leaving the offender clueless as to what the actual
problem is, though (I've been there too).
--paulr