[llvm-dev] [elf2] How to support both big and little endian MIPS targets

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 06:45:45 PDT 2015

Choice 3 sounds too much, choices 1 or 2 seem better. I'd probably go with
1 because we already have lots of code which is templated for ELFT or
Is64Bits, and IsLE falls in the same category. Target dependent code
(Target.cpp) is small, so code bloat is not going to be an issue.

I'd define something like this: template <bool LE> class MipsTargetInfo,
and use add32<LE>() instead of add32le and so on.