[llvm-dev] Qs about TwoOperandAliasConstraint and TIED_TO

Lawerence, Peter via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 23 15:36:31 PST 2015

in  llvm-3.6.2.src

1.   when I put this around one of my instruction definitions in my target "InstrInfo.td" file,

let TwoOperandAliasConstraint = "$dst = $rs1" in {
}

I do not see any TIED_TO in the generated GenInstrInfo.inc file for the OperandInfo used by the instruction,

the question is what am I doing wrong ?

2.    I've noticed that TwoOperandAliasConstraint does not appear anywhere in   source/lib/Target/X86/*

yet  TIED_TO occurs in 162 of the  OperandInfo's in   build/lib/Target/X86/X86GenInstrInfo.inc

the question is how does TIED_TO happen if not by  TwoOperandAliasConstraint  ?

thanks, Peter Lawrence.