[llvm-dev] DFAPacketizer assert failure

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 20 12:24:19 PST 2015

On 11/20/2015 1:24 AM, Robinson, Paul wrote:
> Watching from the sidelines but I'm curious too.  In an ideal world
> codegen is independent of –g but CFI-as-instructions makes that hard.
> Even on non-VLIW like X86 we see instruction-scheduling differences
> depending on whether CFI instructions are present. All cases we've seen
> so far are innocuous but having differences at all makes it hard to
> write must-be-identical kinds of tests.

I have a small pass that does that after everything else has been done.

Look in lib/Target/Hexagon/HexagonFrameLowering.cpp, the class name is
HexagonCallFrameInformation.

Then in lib/Target/Hexagon/HexagonTargetMachine.cpp, we do:

void HexagonPassConfig::addPreEmitPass() {
   [...]
   // Add CFI instructions if necessary.
   addPass(createHexagonCallFrameInformation(), false);
}

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation