[llvm-dev] Recent -Os code size regressions

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 19 13:10:27 PST 2015

On 19 November 2015 at 19:08, Steve King via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Does the community have bots or humans tracking code size for -Os
> builds?

Hi Steve,

I still haven't got around doing a CI for EEMBC or SPEC on ARM. I do
track performance every release, but not code size at -Os.

>  I've noticed troubling regressions lately.  Sometime near Nov
> 5, the EEMBC bitmnp01 benchmark grew by 25% for ARMv7m and 35% for
> i586.  That's ghastly.  This week, the EEMBC matrix01 workload grew by
> 5% for ARMv7m and 3% for i586.

Hum, v7M is even lower priority for me at the moment. :)

Though, I have to say, 25% is really bad. Can you bisect to see which
commit was that?

cheers,
--renato