[llvm-dev] Adding a custom section to ELF file

John Leidel (jleidel) via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 18 06:39:14 PST 2015

ES, what are you interested in doing with your ELF extensions?  Are these extensions to existing, supported section types?  EG, adding “.EStext” as a text section.  Take a look at ~/llvm/lib/MC/MCParser/ELFAsmParser.cpp.  This is where you add the logic to the parsers.  If what you’re adding is a relatively standard section, you can copy what is there and change the section parser text.

cheers
john

John D. Leidel