[llvm-dev] Is there a way to convert between SchedMachineModel and Itineraries?

Anshuman Dasgupta via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 07:02:38 PST 2015

> It has some  fairly complex scheduling requirements that I have so far not figured
out how to express with the
 > SchedMachineModel approach.  It too is a VLIW processor, with
predication and no instruction interlocking,
 > so computing the correct scheduling is not just important for
performance it is critical for correct code generation.

That's interesting to know. The compiler is responsible for generating
the correct schedule on Hexagon as well. I'd say Hexagon packets have
moderately complex resource restrictions. And we're able to express
those restrictions in the DFA.

-Anshu