[llvm-dev] How LLVM guarantee the qualify of the product from the limited test suit?

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 10 10:03:46 PST 2015

On Nov 10, 2015, at 1:50 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> My conclusion is that, if we're ever going to incorporate the GCC
> test-suite, it'll take a lot of time fudging it to be a pass/fail, and
> for every new version of it, we'll have the same amount of work.

Hi Renato,

It’s a non-technical concern, but please keep in mind that the GCC testsuite is GPL licensed.  You’re effectively discussing a fork of their testsuite (to which I think that there are a number of technical challenges) but before actually landing it, we’d want to carefully discuss whether it is included as part of the LLVM project.  If you want to pursue this, doing this on github (or some similar service) would be a better place to get started.

-Chris