[llvm-dev] "Living Downstream Without Drowning" BOF @ Dev Meeting

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 5 10:11:14 PST 2015

According to the author of git imerge, rerere interacts badly with it, so
he temporarily turns it off.

Half the point of git imerge is that you don't *have * *to* solve the same
conflicts repeatedly. And you don't. Unless that commit has been backed out
and reapplied multiple times. Which sould be very much the exception.

The other half of the point of git imerge is that you solve the minimum
possible conflict, that of exactly one trunk commit against one branch
commit. This is in general vastly easier than trying to decipher how your
branch commit conflicts with the entire history of changes to master.