[LLVMdev] Building poolalloc with current LLVM development branch?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:57:25 PDT 2015

I'm starting to play around with poolalloc for the first time.  I tried to
build it as follows:
1) Clone llvm's git repo, and build it with cmake + ninja.
2) cd .../llvm/projects
3) git clone git at github.com:llvm-mirror/poolalloc.git

When I went to re-run ninja, (or even CMake by itself), I get errors like
the following (truncated for brevity).  Any suggestions for whether I'm
trying to use the build system incorrectly, vs. having an incompatible
combo of LLVM and poolalloc?

CMake Error at cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake:83 (message):
  Found unknown source file
  /opt/clang-llvm/llvm/projects/poolalloc/runtime/PreRT/strdup.c

  Please update
  /opt/clang-llvm/llvm/projects/poolalloc/runtime/PreRT/CMakeLists.txt

Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/LLVMProcessSources.cmake:54 (llvm_check_source_file_list)
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:263 (llvm_process_sources)
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:418 (llvm_add_library)
  projects/poolalloc/runtime/PreRT/CMakeLists.txt:2 (add_llvm_library)

Thanks,
Christian