[LLVMdev] MVT (machine value type) for MachineOperand

Fabian Gruber fabian.gruber at fadeopolis.com
Thu May 28 08:11:22 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am writing a small tool to gather some static statistics on machine code
using LLVMs MachineInstr, etc., infrastructure.
My current goal is to count the number of bytes of integer and floating
point data being processed per iteration of a loop.
Now I've ran into the problem that I can't find any obvious way to get the
actual type of a MachineOperand.

After some digging I noticed that the selection DAG has some type
information and I had a look at the TableGen records that contain this type
info. I started looking into how I could generate some descriptor tables
with that information but TableGen is quite a handfull, and I'd like to
avoid this if I can.

Did I overlook some easy way to get at type information at the
MachineOperand level?

Thanks.