[LLVMdev] Phabricator

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed May 27 11:35:45 PDT 2015

On 27 May 2015 at 12:29, Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com> wrote:
> Mehdi Amini <mehdi.amini at apple.com> writes:
>> Hi Manuel,
>>
>> I like Phabricator for code review much much more than emails. Let me know how
>> I can help (I’m not afraid of PHP).
>
> Chandler updated the llvm phabricator doc to point at what we're deploying:
>
>   http://llvm.org/docs/Phabricator.html#status
>
> That'll lead you here:
>
>   https://github.com/r4nt/llvm-reviews
>   https://github.com/r4nt/phabricator
>
> And soon there'll be some bugs to squash in llvm.org/bugs ;)

On a related note we're using Phabricator in FreeBSD, with a similar
workflow to LLVM and with a similar set of user opinions.  Some of our
users really like web-based review and some can't stand it, and so
we'll need to solve many of the same issues so that it's useful (or at
least tolerable) to all.  We haven't yet made a lot of usability
improvements, but our current set of changes can be found in our
github repo here: https://github.com/freebsd/phabricator

(As an aside, inspiration for setting up our Phabricator instance came
from LLVM's.)