[LLVMdev] 3.6.2 Release schedule + Using Phab for stable patches

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed May 27 07:44:48 PDT 2015

Hi,

Here is the schedule for the 3.6.2 release:

June 15: Deadline to propose patches for the 3.6 branch
June 15 - June 21: Grace period for reviewing proposed patches and resolving
                   other issues.
June 22: 3.6.2 -rc1
June 29: 3.6.2 release

Also, I would like to try to try to experiment with using phabricator for
proposing patches to the stable branch.  This is not a requirement,
but it will help reduce the chances of your patch being missed.

I have created a 3.6-release project on phabricator, so if you would like
to propose a patch via phabricator you can create a new diff and select
'3.6-release' as the project.  Also make sure to include the ToT
revision number in the subject, something like:

Merge r237164 to 3.6 branch: R600/SI: Fix bug in VGPR spilling.

I'm also trying to figure out a way to create a submission
without a patch, because in most cases it is redundant to
specify a revision number and upload a patch.  If anyone has
any suggestions about this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Tom