[LLVMdev] convert GetElemtPtr result to pointer on element?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:26:08 PDT 2015

On 26 May 2015 at 20:56, Alexander Poddey <alexander.poddey at gmx.net> wrote:
> I forgot to say that I try to do all this in the LLVM API, not IR.
> I read in a bc'ed program and try to edit it using the API.

Yep, I already assumed you were. But the first step to deciding what
API calls to use is writing down the LLVM IR you want to produce. If
that can't be compiled then you haven't got a hope of writing a
program to do it.

In this case, the GEP gives you a float*. So you either use
GlobalVariable::getInitializer and hunt through that Constant for the
one you want (probably valid if the GlobalVariable isConstant()) or
use a GEP and a load to give you a pointer to that value and load it.

Cheers.

Tim.