[LLVMdev] Where can I find LLVM Profiling patch

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Tue May 26 14:47:50 PDT 2015

"Naveed Ul Mustafa" <naveed.mustafa at bilkent.edu.tr> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> I am following the guide on this link
> http://llvm.org/pubs/2010-12-Preuss-PathProfiling.pdf
>
> In caption of figure 1 on page 2, it states that "It is assumed that
> the LLVM profiling patch is saved in the home directory as well."
>
> Can you please provide me the link for this patch?

I guess you'd need to contact the author of the paper for that patch -
the paper doesn't seem to include the patch it refers to or say where to
get it.

In any case, this paper is quite old (2010) and the profiling
infrastructure in LLVM at the time of the paper was removed from LLVM in
2013 or so. The profiling we have now is completely different, and
whatever patch was used in this paper won't be useful with today's LLVM.