[LLVMdev] GCC compatibility code coverage issue .

Umesh Kalappa umesh.kalappa0 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 08:12:30 PDT 2015

Hi Justin ,

Thank you for the confirmation and we would like to know that ,going
forward the clang has the support the gcc gcov format or use the
-fprofile-instr-generate -fcoverage-mapping  and get ride of gcov
format .

We are planing to customize the clang code coverage for embedded world
,before we start tweaking the gcov / -fprofile-instr-generate
code-base ,we would like to take feedback from the group .

Did -fprofile-instr-generate -fcoverage-mapping better than(optimized
instrumented) gcov ? ,if so any benchmark reference will be
appreciated.

Thank you and awaiting for your suggestions.
~Umesh