[LLVMdev] RFC: Reduce the memory footprint of DIEs (and DIEValues)

Duncan P. N. Exon Smith dexonsmith at apple.com
Wed May 20 17:51:38 PDT 2015

> On 2015 May 20, at 17:39, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith <dexonsmith at apple.com> wrote:
>
> With just those four patches, memory usage went *up* slightly.  Add in
> the 5th patch (which does #2 below), and we get an overall memory drop
> of 4%.

Forgot to post numbers for this.  Peak memory was at 920 MB before
the five patches, and 884 MB after.  (These exact numbers won't quite
reproduce in ToT since I still haven't finished cleaning up and
committing the MCSymbol and emitLabelDiff() work I hacked on top of,
but the 36 MB drop should hold.)