[LLVMdev] Empty emails from phabricator

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Tue May 19 21:08:16 PDT 2015

Jonathan Roelofs <jonathan at codesourcery.com> writes:
> Last time I brought this up, I was pointed at Phabricator's
> Phabricator as the place to report this bug.  I gave up after looking
> for the right place to report it in that, and not finding the obvious
> spot.

I guess they might have meant here:

  https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabcontrib/article/bug_reports/

Of course, the first four bullet points on how to report a bug are
things you can only do if you administrate the phab install, and the
actual link to file a bug requires a login.

I'll go ahead and file one though - more and more people are using phab
for llvm, so the problems with it are coming up more and more often.

Sean Silva <chisophugis at gmail.com> writes:
> Insofar that they identify that something has happened they are useful. Their
> current state is IMO only moderately useful since it's not clear what
> triggered it.

I'm not convinced these are useful - they do more harm than good. I can
skim an email sufficiently that I know whether or not to spend time on
it in a second or two. For these, I have to follow a link, let the page
load, scroll down to the list that catalogues the entire history of what
has happened, correlate some timestamps, and finally close the browser
window and return to my email. This takes at least an order of magnitude
longer, which is absurd for a list with the volume of llvm-commits.