[LLVMdev] API for flow/context -sensitive alias analysis?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Tue May 19 09:42:09 PDT 2015

I'm starting to play around with flow- and context- sensitive AA
implementations.  I thought it would be interesting to try fitting one into
LLVM's AA framework.

Should I assume that to support flow-/context-sensitive AA queries, I'll
need to define my own AA API, rather than supporting "llvm::AliasAnalysis"?

The AA doc ( http://llvm.org/docs/AliasAnalysis.html ) seems to indicate
that the API (or its implementations?) don't support flow-sensitive
analysis.  I also don't see any obvious way for the API to let clients ask
context-sensitive questions.

I also looked at the poolalloc docs (Section 4 of those doc's Latex DSA
manual), and my impression is that they too ended up providing their own
API rather than implementing "llvm::AliasAnalysis".

Thanks,
Christian