[LLVMdev] [RFC] Upstreaming LLVM/SPIR-V converter

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:42:42 PDT 2015

I agree with Owen here, this is really just a serialization of llvm IR that
may or may not support various LLVM IR features. Can you give another
example of something not legal in SPIR that is legal in LLVM IR that you'd
still be able to/want to lower?

(Bonus points, a serialization option that includes new LLVM IR features
under a "next version" of SPIR :)

-eric