[LLVMdev] [LSR] hoisting loop invariants in reverse order

Jingyue Wu jingyue at google.com
Mon May 18 10:17:51 PDT 2015

It's not caused by "the insertion point is set to the default after".

I should mention the reason somewhere earlier. "Reversing the order of
arg0~3 is not intentional. The user list of pixel_idx happens to have
pixel_idx+3, pixel_idx+2, and pixel_idx+1 in this order, so LSR simply
follows this order when collecting the LSRFixups."

I'm not an expert on uselist orders, but after skimming Duncan Smith's
recent work on preserving uselist orders in assembly, these orders are
deterministic but arbitrary. So blindly following these orders sometimes
cause funny behavior (as in my example).