[LLVMdev] RFC: ThinLTO Impementation Plan

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Fri May 15 09:18:07 PDT 2015

> >> - Marking of imported functions (for use in ThinLTO-specific symbol
> >> linking and global DCE, for example).
> >
> > Marking how?  Do you mean giving them internal linkage, or something
> > else?
>
> Mentioned just after this: either an in-memory flag on the Function
> class, or potentially in the IR. For the prototype I just had a flag
> on the Function class.

Would this be anything other than "available externally" linkage? (either
this module is responsible for emitting the definition of this function for
other modules to call, or it's not - if it's not, either this module
depends on another module to provide a definition (this would be "available
externally") or it doesn't (this would be "internal" linkage")) - I
think... though I'm sort of jumping into the middle of some of this &
might've missed some context, sorry.

- David