[LLVMdev] CMake 3.2 warning in Compiler-RT

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Fri May 15 08:21:42 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

Now that I'm using CMake 3.2.2 to get the "pool = console" Ninja
feature, I'm seeing this warning:

CMake Warning (dev) at
projects/compiler-rt/cmake/Modules/CompilerRTUtils.cmake:55 (if):
  Policy CMP0054 is not set: Only interpret if() arguments as variables or
  keywords when unquoted.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0054" for policy
  details.  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
  warning.

  Quoted variables like "HAVE_RPC_XDR_H" will no longer be dereferenced when
  the policy is set to NEW.  Since the policy is not set the OLD behavior
  will be used.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  projects/compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common/CMakeLists.txt:116
(append_have_file_definition)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

I don't want to suppress it, since the semantics of the expansion is
different. Is anyone seeing this who knows what the best work around
is? Or is it just a developer's message (as the warning implies) and
future release versions will work around it automatically?

Would be good to get some way that both pre and pos 3.2 can work
correctly with the same code.

cheers,
--renato