[LLVMdev] LCOV per commit

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Wed May 6 12:47:52 PDT 2015

Le 06/05/2015 21:05, Renato Golin a écrit :
> On 6 May 2015 at 19:15, Sanjoy Das <sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com> wrote:
>> I could not easily locate this on http://llvm.org/reports/coverage/ so
>> asking here:  what workload is the coverage computed over?  IOW, what
>> all does the bot run to get this coverage information?
> Nothing is clear in that page. No revision number, no arch, no test
> names, nothing. Just a date.
I am running it.
I don't have access to test names but I can try to add the revision number.
The arch is GNU/Linux 64 bit.

Joshua (as cc) worked on bringing better coverage to Thunderbird and
Firefox:
https://github.com/jcranmer/mozilla-coverage
Maybe I could hack with his tool to get the test information to
LLVM/Clang too.
For now, I haven't put too much effort into it as I wasn't sure how many
people
are using the code coverage (btw, is it possible to have stats on our
website?)

FYI, It is generated by this jenkins job:
http://llvm-jenkins.debian.net/job/llvm-toolchain-codecoverage-binaries/

I have plans to try https://coveralls.io/ to handle that. It should not
be too hard
as I already have most of the things enabled in this job.

> The CMakeBuilder is used by almost all ARM/AArch64 and Windows
> builders, we could potentially make it run for all archs, and adding
> another step might be simple, depending on how that LCOV page works...

For now, it uses autotools and it is managed by the same workflow as the
packages
on llvm.org/apt/
Now, moving to cmake is just a matter of time.

Anyway, don't hesitate if you have other comments or suggestions.
Glad to know it interests folks, despite all it limitations.

Cheers,
Sylvestre