[LLVMdev] Compiler-RT for foreign target, still stumped

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Mon May 4 13:38:52 PDT 2015

On 05/04/2015 12:48 PM, Solra Bizna wrote:
> As I said in my previous message, I have an ARMv7-A system in
> big-endian mode and I'm trying to target it with Clang on an AMD64
> Linux machine. I'm only missing a build of compiler-rt for this
> platform. The last answer I was given implied that successfully
> cross-compiling Clang for this platform will get me a build of
> compiler-rt for it. While that's probably true, I've determined that
> doing so is quite impossible, mainly because there's no OS to build
> against.
[snip]

Hi Solra,

I have build rules that I use to build compiler-rt and libc++ for
various targets
including big and little endian ARM hard and soft float.
You can find them at http://ellcc.org/viewvc/svn/ellcc/trunk/libecc/
Makefile is the Main build file. It creates a target specific directory
and copies
Makefile.lib into it. Makefile.lib is then used to build the actual library.
You'll need to tweak the build rules a bit since I rely on ELLCC's use
of config files
to define where include files are and what compiler options to use.
The config file for armeb:
http://ellcc.org/viewvc/svn/ellcc/trunk/libecc/config/armeb-linux-engeabi?view=markup

Hope this helps.

-Rich