[LLVMdev] Load value and broadcast in LLVM

Kuperstein, Michael M michael.m.kuperstein at intel.com
Mon May 4 01:15:41 PDT 2015

The canonical way to do it would be to load into a scalar, and then broadcast the scalar using a shufflevector.
Hopefully, the backend will be smart enough to match this as a single load+broadcast, if the platform has such an instruction.

(The trick you’re suggesting with getelementptr will probably possible soon, now that gather intrinsics are being introduced, but it probably will create worse code, not better.)

Michael