[LLVMdev] libiomp, not libgomp as default library linked with -fopenmp

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri May 1 05:15:33 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Andrey Bokhanko" <andreybokhanko at gmail.com>
> To: "Hal Finkel" <hfinkel at anl.gov>
> <dgregor at apple.com>, "C Bergström" <cbergstrom at pathscale.com>, "Michael Wong" <fraggamuffin at gmail.com>, "Alexey
> Bataev" <a.bataev at gmx.com>, "chandlerc" <chandlerc at gmail.com>
> Sent: Friday, May 1, 2015 3:09:09 AM
> Subject: Re: libiomp, not libgomp as default library linked with -fopenmp
>

> Hal,
>

> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Hal Finkel < hfinkel at anl.gov >
> wrote:
>

> We need to get the build system integration committed and the
> buildbots updated to compile it
>

> If you are speaking on libiomp buidbots, they are already
> established:
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/libiomp5-clang-x86_64-linux-debian
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/libiomp5-gcc-x86_64-linux-debian

Ah, that's good. :-) -- Once the build-system integration is complete, we also need the regular buildbots to start doing this as well using the just-built trunk clang (just like we do for compiler-rt). I don't view that as a prerequisite to switching the linking default, but something we should do as soon as we can.

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist