[LLVMdev] unsupported GC: shadow-stack when using MCJIT

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Tue Mar 31 21:59:40 PDT 2015

On 03/31/2015 09:52 PM, Philip Reames wrote:

>> Maybe it is because I'm using a package that makes an LLVM DLL for
>> Windows.
>>
>> The only reason why it show that error is if the static constructor
>> for it didn't run, right? And I don't know why it would not run.
> I need to take a closer look at your bug report before I can really
> comment.
Ok, I took a look.  Its hard for me to tell much from your report. I
don't have Visual Studios (or Windows for that matter) and can't easily
reproduce.

It would really help to know if this is a problem with the C bindings or
the generated IR.  If you manually create the expected IR and run it
through opt/llc, does that work?

Can you include the full output of this example?  Both the IR and the
error would be useful to see.

One observation, it looks like you're using the erlang GC not shadow
stack?  e.g.
LLVM.SetGC(sum, "erlang");

Philip