[LLVMdev] Escope of otimization in LLVM

Natanael Ramos naelr8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 03:53:44 PDT 2015

Hello LLVM Developer!

I'm a Brazilian developer and i want implement my register allocator to
test in LLVM. But reading some books I noticed that there are different types
of optimization scopes:

   - Regional: More than one basic block and smaller than one procedure.
   - Global: Full procedure.
   - Interprocedural: More than one procedure.

What is the scope in LLVM? Because this have a big influence in the Live
Ranges and Interference Graph construction.

I believe to be global, but I'm not sure.

Sorry about my english.

Att

--
Natanael Ramos
Membro do corpo discente de Ciência da Computação pelo Instituto Federal de