[LLVMdev] LLVM fails for inline asm with Link Time Optimization

Ashish Saxena ashishcseitbhu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:47:25 PDT 2015

Hi ,
    I am trying to enable link time optimization for my projects. Few of
them has inline assembly which works perfectly with clang/llvm but on
enabling LTO I get following error

LLVM ERROR: Error parsing inline asm

<inline asm>:103:2 : error 0: unknown use of instruction mnemonic without a
size suffix
<inline asm>:104:16 : error 0: invalid operand for instruction
<inline asm>:106:17 : error 0: unexpected token in argument list

& so on

Is this a known issue ? Any workaround for this ?

Thanks
Ashish