[LLVMdev] 3.5.2-final tag created

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Tue Mar 24 20:11:00 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have created the 3.5.2-final tag.  There were no changes between -rc1
and -final.

In previous releases, when there were no changes between -rc1 and
-final, I just dropped -rc1 from the binary names and used those as the
official binaries.  However, this time I'm going to try something
different and ask the testers to re-build binaries from the -final tag.
The reasons for doing this are:

1. It makes my life easier and prevents me from making mistakes renaming
   the binaries.

2. It avoids having the -rc1 tag displayed as part of the clang
   version.

I realize this makes extra work for testers, but I don't think it should
be too bad since only the binaries need to be built and the regression
testing can be skipped.

If you don't like this new approach let me know, and I won't do it
next time.

Thanks,
Tom