[LLVMdev] [LV] possible `vector.memcheck` regression when using `llvm.loop` and `llvm.mem.parallel_loop_access`

Josh Klontz josh.klontz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:43:57 PDT 2015

It seems that at some point in the not-so-distant-past that the loop
vectorizer gained the ability to vectorize loops without explicit
`llvm.loop` & `llvm.mem.parallel_loop_access` metadata. While that's
awesome, there seems to be a regression in that
`llvm.mem.parallel_loop_access` metadata doesn't make it into the alias
analysis, and therefore a `vector.memcheck` basic block is inserted, where
as before it was not.

It's unclear if this is a regression, as I assume that if I upgrade my
frontend to use the new alias metadata instead of the loop metadata then I
would expect this problem to disappear. Please advise, happy to provide
exemplar code if helpful.

v/r,
Josh