[LLVMdev] a question to backend

qiuw at ichaier.com qiuw at ichaier.com
Wed Mar 18 23:26:04 PDT 2015

Hi, all

I am writting a new backend for a 8-bits target machine(8051). Because the most backends supported by LLVM are for 32-bits targets, most of implementations for 16/32 bits operating had to depend on runtime libraries. In this case, it will decrease the generated code efficency. I found that the LLVM 2.5 supported the PIC16, but the lastest version do not support 8-bits target.  What is the purpose to this change?  Dose it mean that the existing LLVM backend are not available to write 8-bits/16-bits bankend? Thanks a lot.

Steven.
"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."