[LLVMdev] GSOC:Control Flow integrity for kernal

Aditya Verma IDD M Tech Computer Sc & Engg., IIT(BHU), Varanasi (U.P.) aditya.verma.cse12 at iitbhu.ac.in
Mon Mar 16 14:51:51 PDT 2015

Hi

I want to pursue a project based to improve the existing KCoFI method which
is the Control Flow integrity method for commodity os. Since KCoFI is a
llvm based project I plan to undertake the project to improve the existing
KCoFI method. Following are the improvements that I want to pursue:

1. To improve the call graph used in KCoFI. Implement a stronger call graph.
2. Port the KCoFI to another architecture such as ARM or x86-32.
3 .To replace KCoFI's SFI instrumentation with that found in Portable
Native Client (PNaCL)

Can anyone review my idea for the projects? I believe pursuing a project on
KCoFI will be worth because it is the only Control Flow Integrity
protection for commodity operating systems which does not uses any
expensive memory safety. I believe this project will have a wide scope for
the future.

Regards
Aditya Verma
Junior Undergraduate