[LLVMdev] Alias analysis issue with structs on PPC

Olivier Sallenave ol.sall at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:51:30 PDT 2015

Daniel,

You said "more advanced AA's like CFL-AA will give up on anything that
comes from or goes through ptrtoint/inttoptr": indeed using CFL-AA doesn't
solve the noalias problem here.

But do you know why it would give up? I would understand if there was any
pointer arithmetic, but for trivial inttoptr/ptrtoint it should just
propagate the noalias information correctly.

Finally, very naive question here: why isn't CFL-AA used by default? Is
that kind of experimental so far?

Thanks,
Olivier