[LLVMdev] PBQP spilling

Arnaud A. de Grandmaison arnaud.degrandmaison at arm.com
Wed Mar 4 06:42:48 PST 2015

Yes, for now the spilling is done in the most basic way, i.e. it's
functionally correct --- but not efficient. The focus was on the allocator
itself, not on the spilling. As you noticed, the work still to be done in
this area is live range splitting, and smarter spill code insertion. Another
area is improving the reduction order, to make the allocator less sensitive
to the reduction order.

There is no official plan; we started to discuss that with Lang some time
ago, but none of us had time to dive into it yet. Any help appreciated there
J.

Cheers,

Arnaud