[LLVMdev] [GSoC] Applying for GSoC 2015

Mingxing Zhang james0zan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 23:30:48 PST 2015

Hi all,

As a Ph.D. student majored in Software Reliability, I have used LLVM in
many of my projects, such as the Anticipating Invariant (
http://james0zan.github.io/AI.html) and some other undergoing ones.
Thus, it would be a great pleasure for me if I could take this opportunity
to contribute to this awesome project.

After reading the idea list (http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html), I was most
interested in the idea of improving the "Pointer and Alias Analysis" passes.
Could you please give me some more tips or advices on how to get started on
working on the application?

Simultaneously, I also have another idea about using LLVM to detect runtime
bloat, just like the ThreadSanitizer tool for data races.
If there is anyone here who would like to mentor this project, could you
please find some time to review the more detailed proposal on gist
<https://gist.github.com/james0zan/d03737c60b10d0d11d34> and give me some
feedbacks?

P.S.
  I do prefer the bloat detection tool, but I'm not sure about whether it
is suitable for GSoC.
  Thus I will apply for the Alias Analysis one if it is not suitable.

Thanks!

--
Mingxing Zhang

Tel.: +86-10-62797143
Web: http://james0zan.github.io/
Addr: Room 3-122, FIT Building, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China