[LLVMdev] For AA imlpementations: same pointers for runOnModule(...) and alias(...)?

Christian Convey christian.convey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:18:48 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm writing an AA pass that overrides the *runOnModule( Module & M )*
and *alias(
const Value* V1, ...)* methods.  I'm trying to understand my options for
relating per-*Value*  information computed during *runOnModule*, to the
*Value* objects passed into my alias method.

Is attaching metadata to those objects during *runOnModule*, and reading it
during *alias(...)*, pretty much the only decent way to match up a given IR
Value across those two methods' invocations?

Thanks, Christian

P.S.  Apologies if this email is too close to a duplicate post.  I've seen
a few variations on this question lately on IRC and this email list, but I
haven't seen any clear answer.