[LLVMdev] FW: Pony Language: LLVM Project

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 16:04:34 PDT 2015

Dear Sebastian,

I've added an entry to the ProjectsWithLLVM page
(http://llvm.org/ProjectsWithLLVM/#pony).  Please take a look; I
modified some of the text to fix spelling and punctuation.  If something
needs to be adjusted, please let me know.

Regards,

John Criswell

On 6/23/15 10:57 AM, Sebastian Blessing wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> Unfortunately, I haven’t received any feedback for this. Could you
> help me out on this?
>
> Best,
> Sebastian
>
> From: Sebastian Blessing
> Date: Friday 8 May 2015 13:12
> To: John Criswell
> Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Pony Language: LLVM Project
>
> Dear John,
>
> Eric mentioned you are making frequent updates to the llvm.org
> website. For Pony, we could add something like:
>
> Pony Programming Language
>
> By <a href=“http://www.ponylang.org”>the Pony Development Team</a
> <https://github.com/smackers/smack/wiki/Smackers%22%3Esmackers%3C/a>>
>
> Pony is an object-oriented, actor-model, capabilities-secure, high
> performance programming language. It emphasises a concurrent mindset
> by extending the class model with the actor model, such that actors
> are first-class citizens. The language is statically typed, type- and
> memory-safe and comes with a collection of powerful guarantees: No
> data races, no uncaught exceptions, no deadlocks. Pony implements a
> mark-and-don’t-sweep garbage collector without requiring generations
> or read and write barriers. There is no “stop-the-world” step
> required. All message passing between actors is causal.
>
> Do you want me to submit a patch for this, or would you like to update
> the website?
>
> Greatly appreciate your support,
> Sebastian
>
> From: Eric Christopher
> Date: Friday 8 May 2015 00:04
> (llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu <mailto:llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu>)", Tanya Lattner,
> John Criswell
> Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Pony Language: LLVM Project
>
> You can take a look at:
>
> http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/www/trunk/
>
> which is the repository for it and you can access it via svn. I know
> John adds things to the website fairly frequently as well.
>
> -eric
>
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:44 PM Sebastian Blessing
> <sebastian at causality.io <mailto:sebastian at causality.io>> wrote:
>
>     Thank you, Eric.
>
>     Could you point me to the repository for the website where I can
>     submit the patch to?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sebastian
>
>     From: Eric Christopher
>     Date: Thursday 7 May 2015 23:31
>     To: Sebastian Blessing, "llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu
>     <mailto:llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu>"
>     Subject: Re: [LLVMdev] Pony Language: LLVM Project
>
>     Seems reasonable. A patch to the site would be appreciated.
>
>     -eric
>
>     On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:29 PM Sebastian Blessing
>     <sebastian at causality.io <mailto:sebastian at causality.io>> wrote:
>
>         Dear LLVM community,
>
>         I am affiliated with the design and development of the Pony
>         <http:/www.ponylang.org> programming language, which was
>         recently published and has since been discussed on hacker news
> [...]

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell