[LLVMdev] trouble with isntalling libc++

Dave Yost Dave at Yost.com
Fri Jun 19 13:37:46 PDT 2015

Hi.

Could somebody please flip a switch and rebuild the prebuilt downloads to include libc++?

Here
   http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.6.1 <http://llvm.org/releases/download.html#3.6.1>
I found this prebuilt binary release
   http://llvm.org/releases/3.6.1/clang+llvm-3.6.1-x86_64-fedora21.tar.xz <http://llvm.org/releases/3.6.1/clang+llvm-3.6.1-x86_64-fedora21.tar.xz>
which has no libc++ library

I’m having trouble building libc++ on our stupid old CentOS system.

I keep getting
CMake Error at /usr/local/llvm/3.6.1/share/llvm/cmake/HandleLLVMOptions.cmake:38 (message):
  Host Clang must be able to find libstdc++4.7 or newer!
but afaikt the first libstdc++.so* files in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH are from gcc/4.9.2. I’ve also tried gcc/5.1.0.