[LLVMdev] [RFC] WebAssembly Backend

Dan Gohman dan433584 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:24:36 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Philip Reames
<listmail at philipreames.com> wrote:
> On 06/17/2015 09:16 AM, Dan Gohman wrote:
>> Additionally, there are opportunities to refactor generic
>> infrastructure in LLVM to better support the needs of virtual ISAs,
>> including those in LLVM already and possibly more in the future.
>> Working in LLVM from the start would make collaboration with the rest
>> of the community easier.
>
> Can you list some of the areas you know are going to need attention?  What
> problems are you seeing?  (It might be best to move this to it's own thread
> or keep this very high level for now.)

We'll definitely be starting separate threads when we're ready, but
briefly, one of the things we'll need to look into is MC. Right now,
MC's interfaces appear to be tailored for native-binary-style
encodings, so if we're going to use MC, it'll likely need some
refactoring to generalize it.

Dan