[LLVMdev] Scheduling of machine passes

Czurda Christoph Christoph.Czurda.fl at ait.ac.at
Tue Jun 16 06:22:39 PDT 2015

Hello,

I have a question about the execution order of machine passes:

I have written 2 machine function passes. The first is read-only ( analysisUsage.setPreservesAll() ). The second depends on the first and modifies the program based on the results of the first one ( analysisUsage.setPreservesCFG() ). I would appreciate it if the program did not change between those 2.
Can I assume that the pass manager does not insert any other modification passes in front of my modification pass?

Best regards,
Christoph