[LLVMdev] .thumb_set

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Jun 15 03:34:49 PDT 2015

On 15 June 2015 at 03:21, Pete Cooper <peter_cooper at apple.com> wrote:
> I would argue that in this case it should throw exactly the same errors in
> exactly the same situations as .set. Any more/less and it wouldn’t be
> equivalent.

Sigh... You are, obviously, correct.

I hate when GCC/GAS documents something and does another. When you
bring this to them all you get is "we can't change now because
legacy".

In the past, we have chosen being compatible with the docs over
bug-for-bug, so in this case, I think we better implement .thumb_set
as .set and add a big comment about this in the code, so that future
bug reports can be quickly dismissed after a short investigation.

Saleem, does that sound reasonable?

cheers,
--renato