[LLVMdev] Self compiling latest clang from SVN

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Jun 11 15:16:27 PDT 2015

Thanks for trying the self-host, it's something I do locally and we do have
a bot setup for it, but it uses ninja:
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/clang-x86-win2008-selfhost/
Obviously everyone's setup is slightly different and getting diversity in
testing is good.

These undefined symbols are intrinsics that should be taken care of by
clang/lib/Headers/Intrin.h, but somehow that isn't being chosen in
llvm/lib/Support/Host.cpp. I have a feeling that this line is getting
MSVC's builtin header instead of clang's:
#ifdef _MSC_VER
#include <intrin.h>
#endif
When you rename clang-cl.exe to cl.exe, make sure it's in the same bin
directory as clang-cl.exe so that it can find it's resource directory with
these builtin headers.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 11:31 AM, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com